2 lb chili (course) ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 Tbsp red chili flakes
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp cumin
3 Tbsp chili powder
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained
1/3 cup tomato paste
28 oz crushed tomatoes
16 oz beef broth or beer
8 oz shredded cheese
8 oz plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 ripe avocado
1 jalapeno sliced
- In a large pot, brown chili ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. When beef is browned, set aside.
- In pot with bits of beef fond, add 1 onion chopped. Cook until tender.
- Add cooked beef back into pot with onion and mix until combined.
- Add spices (red chili flakes, smoked paprika, cumin, and chili powder). Mix until combined.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, beef broth (or beer) and beans. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-4 hours. The longer cooking time helps to tenderize beef.
- Top with your favorite chili toppings. Enjoy!