Sliced tri-tip roast (see below for preparation)
Diced beets (I used canned, but fresh roasted are great)
Julienned sweet turnips (fresh from our Farmer’s market!) or you could use radishes
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Sprinkled mix of cooked quinoa, brown rice and chia seeds for texture and crunch
Homemade Apple cider vinaigrette dressing (Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh pressed garlic, salt, oregano, Italian seasoning, honey)
- Large oven-safe skillet
- Instant-read thermometer
- 1 untrimmed tri-tip*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves or garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Trim any silver skin from the bottom of the tri-tip and sprinkle the entire thing with salt, pepper and garlic, gently rubbing it into the surface.
- On the stove, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-safe skillet. Once oil is hot, place tri-tip, fat-side down, in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes, or until well-seared. Flip meat and place pan in the oven.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes per pound (start checking the internal temp at about 20 minutes for a medium-sized roast). Cook until internal temperature in the thickest part of the meat reads 135°F for medium-rare to 145° for medium. Tent with foil to keep warm and allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice roast against the grain by cutting it in half at the center point and then across the grain on each end and enjoy!